Abby is the co-founder of the RV Miles Network, and along with Jason Epperson produces the weekly podcasts See America, America's National Parks, and RV Miles. Partner, mom and national parks lover, Abby travels full-time with Jason and their three boys and blogs about life on the road at OurWanderingFamily.com.
One of our favorite quick and cheap camping meals: SPAM, ramen noodles, pineapple, egg, and teriyaki sauce.
Great in a frying pan or on a griddle. Add veggies like carrots, onions, or peppers to plus it up.
We’re propane griddle converts (in this video we are cooking with a 17″ from Blackstone Products). No oil or smoke in the RV, and super easy to clean.
SPAM and Noodle Recipe:
- 1/2 can of SPAM – diced
- 2 packages of Ramen Noodles
- 1 cup of diced Pineapple – fresh or canned
- 1/4 C of Teriyaki sauce (or whatever Asian sauce you have on hand)
- 2 Eggs
- Diced Green Onion – enough to garnish
- Veggies of your choice
- Pistachios for garnish
- Boil water and cook Ramen Noodles according to package
- Place diced SPAM on griddle and cook till
- Add diced pineapple to SPAM and cook till nicely grilled
- Move SPAM and Pineapple to one side of the griddle
- Add veggies and cook
- Add veggies to SPAM/Pineapple mix
- Spray opposite side of the griddle and add Ramen Noodles
- Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the Ramen Noodles (add more or less to taste)
- Blend SPAM, pineapple and noodles together
- Move the Ramen mixture to one side
- Crack an egg on the opposite side and spread it out
- Cook and dice egg
- Repeat with second egg
- Mix scrambled eggs and Ramen mixture together
- Add more sauce if needed
- Divide up into bowls
- Sprinkle with green onions and pistachios