In this episode, we take you to one of our favorite Canadian towns, Stewart, British Columbia, and its less enjoyable sister town of Hyder, Alaska. Plus, one state is trying to solve the problem of no-shows at state park campgrounds and after a shocking visit is IKEA no longer RV-friendly?
WATCH ON YOUTUBE
LISTEN TO THE AUDIO VERSION
MENTIONS IN THIS EPISODE:
- Get the ROAD SIGNS newsletter delivered to your inbox every week.
- Traveling to Stewart, British Columbia and Hyder, Alaska:
- Where we stayed: Rainey Creek Campground (please note we said Bear Creek on this episode and we were wrong, it’s Rainey Creek. Too many campgrounds named Creek!).
- Where to eat: Cafe El Tostador
- Visit the Stewart Visitors Center
- Bear Glacier and Salmon Glacier
- During the Salmon run, Hyder is a great place to see Bears
- Free dump station and potable water in Stewart
This week on DETOUR, the after-the-show podcast:
This week, we expand on the topic of “how to solve the state and federal reservation problem” by offering up suggestions, brainstorming ideas, and more. Join the conversation, by becoming a Mile Marker PLUS member for only $7 a month or $70 a year. PLUS membership also includes all past DETOUR episodes, a personal Mile Marker Facebook group, free lifetime subscription to RV Today and Rootless Living Magazines, and so much more. Mile Marker support is bringing about incredible change here at RV Miles. Come join us!
JASON’S FRESH TANK:
- Masterclass is now only $10 a month.
ABBY’S FRESH TANK:
- Seat Covers for your automobile. Trust us!
MORE LINKS YOU MIGHT FIND USEFUL:
- RV Miles Mailing List: https://rvmiles.com/mailinglist/
- RV Miles Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rvmilesgroup
- Mile Marker Members: https://rvmiles.com/milemarkers/
- Past RV Miles Podcast Episodes
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS:
- Visit L.L. Bean to find your next great piece of gear: https://llbean.com
- Check out all Blue Ox has to offer at https://BlueOx.com
- Download the Parkwolf app for Apple devices here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/parkwolf-for-national-parks/id1596595516?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=reddit-r3&utm_campaign=reddit-r3
- Liquified RV Tank Treatment: https://amzn.to/403QFJL
- Save 25% off your RVMattress.com purchase with code RVMILES at RVMattress.com/rvmiles