Jason travels the country full-time with his wife Abigail, and three children in a converted school bus.
by Jason Epperson
RV travel is ideally suited to those with accessibility
The three new motorhomes — the Intent 30R AE, Adventurer 30T AE, and Forza 34T AE — are a step towards standardizing accessible floorplans. Previously, accessible models were only custom designed based on individual needs.
“Our accessibility-enhanced customers are looking for the same freedom from home that many RV owners seek and in many cases the ability to travel is much more meaningful. Over the past four decades, we’ve optimized our accessibility enhancements to take them beyond simple add-ons, to developing them into design features founded in countless real-world experiences and with Winnebago’s legendary construction standards,” said
The new floorplans will include a host of features intent on making travel in a wheelchair more convenient, including:
- A Platform wheelchair lift with an 800-pound lifting capacity.
- A Powered roll-up lift door, with wall-mount and key-fob remote controls for wheelchair entry and exit.
- Expanded hallway and bathroom areas
- Large roll-in shower with an assist bar and available folding bench seat, with extended lever faucet controls and adjustable shower head.
- Raised toilet with assist bars and a roll-under sink.
Electricadjustable queen bed.
- Thermostatically or remote-control roof vents.
- Wall-mounted light and generator switches.
- Lower installation of the systems monitor panel.
- Optional six-way power transfer seat and lower microwave placement.
The company is also offering additional accessibility options including a ceiling track mobility system, and customized beds, furniture, toilets, and handrails.
View the lineup of accessibility-enhanced motorhomes at Winnebagoind.com.