RV Miles is the newest destination for RV and camping news, reviews, recipes, and so much more.
This week, as the coronavirus affects everyone’s daily lives in America, we talk about how it’s impacting RV travel. Fifth wheels are about to get much bigger, we tell you why. What do you do when the voltage is low at your campground, listener questions and more
Or watch the full episode here:
This week we run down the most up-to-date info on closures around the country due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Plus, we’ve got a few fun facts about toilet paper, one of the honest commodities on the market right now.
- Toilet paper fun facts
- It wasn’t until 1935 that a manufacturer was able to promise “Splinter-Free Toilet Paper.”
- Seven percent of Americans admit to stealing rolls of toilet paper in hotels
- If you’re having trouble finding something to use: Wealthy Romans used wool soaked in rose water and French royalty used lace.
- Other things that were used before toilet paper include: Hay, corncobs, sticks, stones, sand, moss, hemp, wool, husks, fruit peels, ferns, sponges, seashells, and broken pottery.
- On the International Space Station, they still use regular toilet paper but it has to be sealed in special containers and compressed.
- The last major nationwide toilet paper shortage was in 1973. Johnny Carson caused a toilet paper shortage. He said as a joke that there was a shortage, which there wasn’t, until everyone believed him and ran out to buy up the supply. It took three weeks for some stores to get more stock.
After the break, Jason talks about why you may want a voltage booster and why the voltage booster from Hughes Autoformers may be the one for you. You can also watch the gear review video on YouTube:
Next, we answer a few RV Miles Facebook group questions:
If you are enjoying the show we’d love a five-star review over on Apple Podcasts. Your five-star review helps put our show in front of more people, and we can’t say “thanks” enough for your support!
Come join our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/rvmilesgroup/
Want to pick up some of your own RV Miles gear? Check out our TeeSpring store and grab your swag.