RV Miles is the top destination for RV and camping news, podcasts, National Park updates, recipes, gear, and so much more.
Campground reservations in Glacier National Park officially opened on April 20th at 8 AM mountain time. Locations include Apgar, Fish Creek, Sprague, and St. Mary Campgrounds. These popular locations will only be available via reservation beginning May 27 through most of the summer. Reservations are only available online. Other park campgrounds not listed below are expected to open in June. Frontcountry campgrounds scheduled to open in April and May include:
- Apgar Campground will open fully April 25 on a first-come-first-serve basis and is currently open for primitive camping. Beginning May 27 advance reservations will be required.
- Bowman Lake Campground opens May 17 on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Fish Creek Campground opens May 27 and will require an advance reservation.
- Kintla Lake Campground opens May 27 on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Sprague Creek Campground opens May 10 on a first-come-first-serve basis. Beginning May 27 advance reservations will be required.
- St. Mary Campground is currently open for primitive camping on a first-come-first-serve basis and will switch over to non-primitive on May 14. Beginning May 27 advance reservations will be required.
- Two Medicine Campground opens May 27 on a first-come-first-serve basis.
A vehicle reservation is also required to access Going-to-the-Sun Road (GTSR) and the North Fork area from May 27 to September 11, 2022.
For more information on vehicle and campground reservations visit Glacier National Park’s website.
Do you know what changes are coming to your favorite National Park during the busy travel season?