RV Miles is the newest destination for RV and camping news, reviews, recipes, and so much more.
Difficulty: Easy | Prep time: 5-10 minutes | Cook time: 5-8 mins | Servings: 2
Basic Set-up Ingredients:
- 2 medium, or fajita sized, flour tortillas
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Tin foil
- Grilled and sliced (or diced) chicken breast (can easily substitute steak or ground beef)
- Black beans (rinsed and drained)
- Sliced avocado
- Diced tomatoes
- Grilled corn (sliced off the cob)
- Lay a medium sized tortilla on a strip of tin foil large enough to cover the quesadilla.
- Prepare the basic quesadilla by spreading shredded cheese on one-half of the tortilla
- Add ingredients listed in the options above (or proceed to step 4 if making the basic quesadilla)
- Using the tin foil, fold the quesadilla in half and seal. Leave the ends open to vent.
- Place the foiled quesadilla on the grate directly over the campfire. Keep over fire till cheese is melted, ingredients are heated and tortilla is crispy.
- Remove carefully from the grate (they will be hot), cut in half and enjoy. No need for plates, you’ve got the tin foil.
Kick it up a notch:
Tortilla chips with salsa and/or queso dip on the side are a great addition to this meal, and just as easy to provide and clean-up.